It is not small amounts of data that are stored by Google on people using their services. For example, if you’re not signed out of your Google profile, the search appliance notices which videos you watch on YouTube and which items you’ve browsed on Amazon.
That’s also the reason why some of the ads you come across are so accurate.
Fortunately, you can delete everything that the search engine knows about you, and it has actually become quite easy. So, if you just follow this guide on how to remove Google
s information concerning you, youll be on your way to more privacy.
How to Delete Google`s Information about You
- Sign in to your Google Account if you’re not already there. You do this on the blue button at the top right corner.
- Go to this address: https://history.google.com/history/ – here’s your activity page.
- If the registration of your activity is paused, then you don’t have to do anything else. If not, go to the next point.
- At the far right, you can select history from “last week,” “last month,” “last year” or “always.” Select “always.”
- Now you can see everything you’ve ever searched for. Once you get over the shock, check “Today” and press “Delete.”
- Unfortunately, Google will only allow you to delete day by day so it will take some time if you do not want your history saved.
See what type of Ads Google is Targeting You
Ads are targeted in various ways to the “real” recipients, and you can easily see what type of ads the search engine thinks you are interested in.
You can do this by following these steps:
- Go to this address: https://myaccount.google.com/ – here are the settings for your Google Account.
- Click on “ad settings.” It is the third link under “Personal Information and Privacy” (right column).
- Click “Manage Ad Settings.” Now you see a list of your interests that you can remove yourself. You can also add new ones to make sure the ads you see are more relevant.
- If you want to take even more control, you can turn off various ads by tapping “manage ads when you are signed out”:
Now you are invisible to the advertisers!